Log in

No account? Create an account
Missing Left Sock Beast
.:: .::...:.. .: : .:::.:. ...

Coyote Musings
Coyote handsome
his coat the same brown
as the dust from which he rises


What is the sound of one hand slapping Schroedinger's cat?


The Quantum Duck goes "quark, quark."

September 2010
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Missing Left Sock Beast [userpic]

Vacation ho!

Friday night I left work on time, got home on time, got all the last minute packing and cleaning finished, and then drove up to my cousin's place so that I could drop my car off there and be dropped off at the airport on time. I have the sketch of a post done on my laptop with other details, but the flight was good from Reno to Los Angeles, and then I walked from Terminal 3 at LAX to Terminal 5 at LAX so that I could join my family for our flight from LAX to Orlando. Although the song TVs weren't working on my side of the plane I still was unable to sleep at all on the flight (not unusual; I rarely sleep in moving vehicles unless I've gotten motion sick). Neither were any of the other members of my family. So we arrived at Orlando at six in the morning on Saturday, with no sleep, and caught our bus to Saratoga Springs Resort. Where we checked in, but were not given keys nor a room number, since we had arrived so early that the front desk didn't know anything other than the general area that we were going to be staying in. After that, we dropped off our stuff with the bell desk and, since it was then about 8:45, decided to go ahead and go on over to Disney's MGM Studios, which was the plan for the day anyway.

Remember that none of us had had any sleep. Additionally, it was ~32° Fahrenheit for the high. So we were tired, and cold. And we still had a really good time. We went over and saw "Lights, Motors, Action!" after eating breakfast at the ABC commissary - totally worth it, although I'm always a little disappointed by live stunt shows. This one was still quite nifty and worth seeing. After that, we walked over and caught the Indiana Jones stage show, then we rode the Great Movie Experience and walked around the backlot a bit before going on to do the backstage tour. At which point it was almost time for us to go over and eat dinner at the Prime Time Cafe, which was a lot of fun. Once we'd finished that, we headed over and rode the Disney-MGM Tower of Terror, which was different from but as fun as the DCA version. Or, No. We rode TofT and then went to dinner, because the Keed and I had also gotten fastpasses for the Rock and Rollercoaster. After dinner, Mom decided she'd had enough of being cold and so she and Dad went in search of sweatshirts that said "Disney-MGM studios" while the Keed and I waited for our fastpass time to come up. Once it did, we rode the Rock and Rollercoaster - which is exceptionally cool - and then the four of us met back up at the exit. I have pictures of the Keed and Dad showing just how tired we all were at that point. I told Dad that the Rock and Rollercoaster was really neat, but that I kind of wanted to come back and ride it again when I could tell what spinning was coming from the ride and what was coming from me.

Another point: The Keed managed to sprain her ankle, severely, the week before we were to leave. So she was supposed to get a wheelchair to use alternately to ride and as a walker, but this first day she refused to get one. She was in a lot of pain by the time we got off the Rock and Rollercoaster, but Mom convinced us all to go back to the backlot where we could see the Christmas lights illuminated. I'm really glad we did, because it was gorgeous, but we were all relieved when we finally headed back for the busses and made it back to the resort. At which point we almost had an incident because the front desk clerk insisted that the earlier woman had given us our room keys (she hadn't) and was very nasty with my mother about it. We did finally get our keys, at which point we walked back over to the room and all flopped out all over various beds and couches. Dad called Bell Services at ~9 p.m. to have our bags brought up...and they didn't arrive until ~11 p.m. Once the bags had arrived, and we could all take our various medications and change into our various pajamas, we collapsed into our various beds and went to sleep. I'm pretty sure I was out upon my head hitting the pillow.

On the other hand, when we all woke up at ~8 a.m. on Sunday, we were quite rested and not suffering at all from bodily time confusion.

Sunday and Monday we were "scheduled" to visit The Magic Kingdom, which we did. Sunday there were extra magic hours, so by the time we finished on Sunday we had managed to hit almost every attraction that we wanted to see. I was sadly disappointed by the Florida Pirates of the Caribbean, but otherwise everything was really enjoyable. We ate dinner that night at Tony's Ristorante (yes, like Tony in Lady and the Tramp). The food was really good; I don't normally like meatballs but the meatballs on my spaghetti and meatballs were more like little meatloaves than actual meatballs. We stayed and watched the Fireworks (very nice, but not as good as Disneyland's), and then caught the handful of rides we'd waited to do until Extra Magic Hours kicked in (Stitch's Great Escape, the MK version of Autopia, Space Mountain). We couldn't do the Buzz Lightyear ride because it was down for rehab.

Monday morning we got up and went back to The Magic Kingdom. We watched Cinderellabration, rode the remaining rides (Snow White, The Tiki Room [which was VERY disappointing and I hope they don't do that to the Disneyland Tiki Room], and there was something else but I've forgotten what it was), caught Stitch's Great Escape a second time, and then ate dinner at Cinderella's castle. Again, dinner very tasty. After that, we found a spot to watch SpectroMagic and then first Mom and Amanda, then Amanda and I, went shopping while we were waiting. Sat down, I wrote out a postcard to artslave, and then we watched the parade, which was...interesting. IMO, the Electrical Parade was better, but there were a couple of floats that I wished EP had in SpectroMagic. After the parade, we went back over to the Studios for Extra Magic Hours there, where we sat down and saw the Little Mermaid show (very cute), rode Rock and Rollercoaster again (which was just as cool - perhaps cooler - when I wasn't completely exhausted), and then rode Tower of Terror again before heading back to the busses, the Resort, and bed.

I'll catch up the rest of the week after I drive home from work. I have many pictures, but haven't transfered any of them to flickr yet. Those will probably be posted later in the week.

Feeling:: cheerfulcheerful
Listening to:: Leningrad - Billy Joel