Log in

No account? Create an account
Missing Left Sock Beast
.:: .::...:.. .: : .:::.:. ...

Coyote Musings
Coyote handsome
his coat the same brown
as the dust from which he rises


What is the sound of one hand slapping Schroedinger's cat?


The Quantum Duck goes "quark, quark."

September 2010
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Missing Left Sock Beast [userpic]

Saturday we once again rose with the dawn, but this time it was because it was our last day and we needed to get packed up and out of the room.  Which took a lot less time than we'd expected.  It was also chilly again - down in the low 50s with serious wind chill.  Which was kind of painful after the rest of the week being in the upper 70s and low 80s.  Oh, well.  Went down, got the Eeyore Incident taken care of, dropped off our suitcases with Bell Services, checked in to our flights...and then walked back over to Downtown Disney.  This time we did the whole thing, east and west, except Pleasure Island, which wasn't open yet. Mom and Dad and the Keed had goodies at Ghirardelli, but I didn't because I'd had a bit of a lactose issue on Friday and really wasn't interested in a repeat, though I was very interested in the chocolate.  And we stopped in at the Goofy candy shop and also at the scrapbooking shop, where things were purchased for scrapbooking (gee, imagine that).  Afterward, we walked back over to Saratoga Springs and ate lunch at the Artist's Palette (tasty, but nothing fancy) and Mom and Dad did a bit more souvenir shopping.  Once we finished there it was time to retrieve our stuff from Bell Services and wait for our bus to the airport.  It arrived, and we took it.  Got through security at the airport, and then took our short flight from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale.

I do not care to repeat the landing we had at Ft. Lauderdale any time too soon.

The TVs were working on both sides of the Song aircraft that flew us home, so we had a chance to play the silly trivia game, and I paid $5 to watch The Corpse Bride and considered it money well-spent.  Watched a bit of the dog show.  Arrived at LAX, and went to Mom and Dad's.  We arrived at their place at about midnight, were greeted fantastically by the dogs, and promptly crashed.

Sunday morning we got up, I showered and re-packed into my big suitcases, and then got on a flight back to Reno.  We are all agreed that I am never going into nor out of LAX again if it can be helped.  Also, there was a child on the flight who briefly made me reconsider my less-than-militant childfree position, but the less said about that the better.  Arrived in Reno in one piece, was picked up by my aunt and my cousin, shared details of the trip with them, and then came home, greeted the rodents, played puzzle pirates for a bit and then died.

And thus ends the saga.  :)