Log in

No account? Create an account
Missing Left Sock Beast
.:: .::...:.. .: : .:::.:. ...

Coyote Musings
Coyote handsome
his coat the same brown
as the dust from which he rises


What is the sound of one hand slapping Schroedinger's cat?


The Quantum Duck goes "quark, quark."

September 2010
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Missing Left Sock Beast [userpic]

My sister's (ex?) boyfriend has been asked for both a "headshot" and a "bleed".

We know what a headshot is.

What's a bleed?

#date# - (Anonymous)

Aha! That would make sense.

My problem is that in the contexts I'm used to hearing "bleed" (that don't involve, you know, actual blood) it usually refers to color or the way the color is processed.

Thank you!

Isn't that what you do after someone shoots you in the head?

Ahhh, a real answer from someone smarter than me....never mind then...

A bleed is a printing term for an image that goes to the edges of the paper in a publication. Usually you have to make the image bigger than the "trim" size (the size the page will be cut to) to make certain there are no little fiddly white bits if the trim is imperfect. Publications will tell you how much bleed space they need (usually about 1/8" all around, but it differs).

If this is not being sent to a publication, then I assume he wants it to look like it is a bleed. Not sure of the context so I can't really say more.